Abstract submission guidelines
Oral or poster presentations abstracts should reflect research studies, clinical case studies, practice development, innovative educational practices, service improvement or health policies related to the topics of the congress and should be written in academic publishing standard English which is the official language of the congress.
Abstracts submitted to the 5th PNAE Congress on Paediatric Nursing will be peer reviewed by the scientific committee which will decide on their acceptance/rejection before early bird registration ends.
Authors are invited to submit original abstracts which must have not been published in any format and they are responsible for the content of their presentations.
Abstract submission deadline is 2 February, 2020.
Main topics of the 5th PNAE Congress on Paediatric Nursing
- Neonatal care
- Mental Health Children and Young People Nursing
- Paediatric Critical and Intensive care
- Chronic diseases and Complex Needs
- Infectious diseases
- Pain in children
- Adolescents' healthcare
- Child health promotion
- Ethical issues in children and young people
- Children's surgery
- Childhood Injury
- Palliative and end of life care
- Nursing education and leadership
- Research in Children and Young People
- Careers in Children and Young People's Nursing
- Global Challenges for caring for Children, Young People and Families
Submitting and acceptance of an abstract
Abstracts must follow the Scientific Committee guidelines/check list. Authors can submit through the abstract form two types of papers:
- Oral presentation in concurrent session – 15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for discussion;
- Poster – we will have a digital poster presentation.
- Please make sure that your poster is in portrait (upright) format (1080 px wide, 1920 px high and at least 72 ppi). You have to send your poster at least 1 week in advance to a specified e-mail address. This way we can make sure there aren't any issues with presenting your poster.
Abstracts sent by fax, mails, email or CD will not be accepted.
Scientific committee can suggest a change to the type of abstract both ways, oral presentaion to poster and vice versa. In this case we will contact the author.
The number of authors is limited to 6 in each paper presented. Each main author can be submit only 1 oral and/or poster presentation. Authors should indicate which author is the presenter of the paper. Each presenter cannot present more than 1 oral and/or poster presentation.
Abstracts (oral/poster) are limited to 1500 characters and should include:
- Authors: full name, job title, institution, email address and country
Abstracts must be written in English. It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract; any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author, if the abstract is accepted.
I hereby confirm that:
- the research is original in nature
- the research has not been subsidised by the tobacco or e-cigarette industries
- there are no ethical concerns in relation to the research
- the abstract is final and correct at the time of submission as later changes are not allowed
- the copyright of the abstract can be transferred in order to be published in the congress proceedings
- there is no bias or perception of bias in relation to any of the authors (or someone related to the author(s), e.g. family member, spouse, friend) has a relationship with any entity that has an interest (direct or indirect) related to the submission or any such party has financed the research.
Abstract submission form
Please find the abstract submission form here.